Tokeneke SE RepresentativesSE (Special Education) TPTO Special Education Representatives are here to support our school community by helping examine opportunities for inclusion and provide support for parents of children with special needs. As a member of the Special Education Subcommittee, the representatives also help to identify any district level issues that may need to be escalated to CDSP, administration, and/or the Board of Education as guided by CDSP’s mission statement.
PTO SPECIAL EDUCATION REPRESENTATIVES support the Tokeneke School community and are active member of the Council of Darien School Parentes (CDSP) Special Education Subcommittee. To support the Tokeneke school community, the representative acts as a resource to the Tokeneke Parent-Teacher Organization (TPTO) executive board on issues related to special education, helping them examine opportunities for inclusion, and provide support for parents of children with special needs. As a member of the Special Education Subcommittee, the representative helps to identify any district level issues that may need to be escalated to CDSP, administration, and/or the Board of Education (BOE) as guided by CDSP’s mission statement. Each school has one or more representatives.
- Provide monthly input to PTO Chairs regarding ongoing special education issues within the district. Method of providing input to be determined with PTO Chairs. (If written input is provided, copy in Special Education Subcommittee Chairperson.)
- Evaluate PTO sponsored programming to identify opportunities to improve inclusion of all students. Work with relevant PTO Committee Chairs to build inclusion/community as directed by PTO Chairs.
- Work with CDSP Special Education Subcommittee to identify common issues and share best practices at monthly meetings
- Give any relevant feedback to CDSP Special Education Chairperson during the Board of Education budget process.
- Work with SESS facilitators/administration to address building-level issues as appropriate and build community.
- Attend SEPAC and Board of Education meetings as appropriate.
Stacey Tie (Chair)
Email a Special Education Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nov 10 all-day
On November 10, 2017 there will be no Friday classes for ELP Friday Students.
Nov 20 @ 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
- Thanksgiving feast will be on Monday, November 20 at 12:30
- Each family is asked to signup for at least one item
- Please bring bring enough food to serve about 35 people
- Please bring food in a serving dish with serving utensils
- Parents and families are invited to the Thanksgiving Feast