Please look for separate bins in each classroom that collect Trash, Plastic, Paper, and Bottles/Cans. The students, teachers and custodians work together and take the steps to properly sort, dispose and recycle these items!
The TPTO and the Tokeneke Environmental “Green Team” is proud to announce Waste-Less Wednesdays!
Waste-Less Wednesdays encourages students, teachers, and families to be mindful each Wednesday of the ways they can reduce the amount of waste generated at Tokeneke, at home, and in our community. Waste less by reducing, reusing, and recycling!
Here are some ideas:
- Bring lunches that don’t generate as much trash: Use trash free lunch boxes, reusable cloth sandwich or snack bags, or reusable containers. How about a reusable water bottle instead of a disposable juice box? Or bring drinks in a thermos instead of disposable bottles or cartons. Consider switching from paper napkins to cloth! There are over 50 million students in the US, imagine the trash we could divert if they all were more mindful of generating less waste!!! Websites that have great products to help you in your efforts to waste less!
- If you buy lunch, take and use only what you need: one napkin, one ketchup packet, one salt packet, one pepper packet, one set of flatware. Remember to recycle your cans and bottles.
- Try carpooling or take public transportation. Get your parents’ permission to try walking, biking, or skating. You can prevent wasted fuel, reduce air pollution, and decrease traffic in our community.
- Visit the EPA website for more “waste-less” tips.
- Visit Ways 2 Go Green Eeb site for more information.
If you have any questions about recycling, please email Juliet Hahn.